While I write regularly here at my personal blog, Renovate, I have also had the privilege of writing articles for CT Pastors, Relevant, Preaching Today, The Living Church, EMQ, Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care, and a few other online and print publications. Here is a fairly comprehensive list of my published and forthcoming writing.
“Coming Back to Life – a review of Andy Crouch’s The Life We’re Looking For: Reclaiming Relationship in a Technological World” in The Living Church (October 2022).
“Peterson as Your Pastor – a review of Eugene H. Peterson’s On Living Well: Brief Reflections on Wisdom for Walking in the Way of Jesus” in The Living Church (March 2022).
“Finding Our Way Back with Christ: Four Pathways for Preaching in Lent” in Preaching Today February 2022).
“Metaphors for Ministry: Hitting The Road with Cormac McCarthy” in Preaching Today (January 2022).
“Seeing through the Tears of Christ – a review of Makoto Fujimura’s Art and Faith: A Theology of Making” in The Living Church.
“Time Touching Eternity: Preaching through the Christian Year” at Preaching Today, November 14, 2020.
“Regaining Our Senses: a review of Figural Reading and the Old Testament by Don C. Collett” in The Living Church (September 2020).
“Praise: a sermon on Psalm 134” at Preaching Today, September 13, 2020.
“Preaching the Psalms of Ascent: A Soundtrack for the Pilgrimage of Faith” at Preaching Today, August 10, 2020.
“Our Journey with God: a sermon on Psalm 120” at Preaching Today, August 10, 2020.
“The Ministry of Preaching in the Time of COVID-19” at Preaching Today, March 17, 2020.
“Recovering the Wonder of Christmas: Four Pathways for Preaching in Advent” at Preaching Today, November 4, 2019.
“The Disturbing Temptations of Pastoring in Obscurity” at CT Pastors, March 13, 2019.
“Remembering Eugene Peterson: 10 ways he shaped my pastoral ministry” at Preaching Today, October 25, 2018.
“Time to Live: Christian Formation through the Christian Year” in Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care, September 13, 2018.
- The Pastor and Evangelism: Six Freeing Approaches to Fulfilling Our Evangelistic Calling
- Witnesses to Hope
- Patience and Personal Discipleship
- Grounds to Be Heard: Reviving Our Public Witness
- What Are You Thinking About?: A Question to Start a Deeper Journey to Jesus
- The Power of the Gospel to Sustain Unity
- Two Vital Practices for Meaningful Gospel Engagement
- In the Shadow of the Cloud: Jacob
- Remembering We Are Exiles
- Prayer and the Holy Spirit
- Apologetic Evangelism
- The Church’s Core Mission in a Changing Culture
- Genesis: The Beginning of Everything (Including Evangelism)
- Some Things Are Just Better Together
Research Assistant for Dictionary of Biblical Imagery, eds. Leland Ryken, James C. Wilhoit, Tremper Longman III (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1998).