1. Which of the following words describes the primary way that you view money:
2. Read Psalm 24:1 and 50:10-12. What are these verses saying about God? What do you think the implications are for how we view God and money?
3. Everything we have is a gift from God. Read James 1:17 and then reflect on what it means that everything we have is a gift from God.
4. In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus talks quite a bit about money. Read Matthew 6:19-34 and think through the following questions:
- What is Jesus saying about money and possessions?
- What is the relationship between how we view our resources and how we view God?
- What does it mean to ‘seek first the kingdom’ (v. 33)?
5. If money can be an idol, then generosity is the tool that breaks the idol. Read through the following verses and then reflect on what it means to be generous according to the Bible:
- Acts 2:42-47
- Acts 4:32-37
- 2 Corinthians 8:1-3
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
- James 1:26-27
- Proverbs 22:9
6. Where are you struggling with your finances right now? What do you think God might have to say to you right now about that?
7. What will you ‘resolve’ to do with God’s help as a result of this study and message? Identify one practical way you will respond this week. Write it down, reflect on it, and put it into practice this week. If you are in a small group, discuss this with one another.