This week, our Leadership Team at Eastbrook viewed an inspiring and informative message by Oscar Muriu, Senior Pastor at Nairobi Chapel (Nairobi, Kenya). The message was entitled “Viral Leadership: Multiplying Impact Exponentially” and was given in August 2013 at the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit.
In this message, Muriu shares his five convictions about leadership development:
- The size of your harvest depends on how many leaders you have (Matthew 9:37-38).
- Live for the next generation (Psalm 71:18).
- Identify the budding leaders around you and take them to God in prayer (Numbers 11:10-17).
- Instill the five loves into your budding leaders (Mark 12:30-33).
- Never do ministry alone – always have budding leaders around you (Acts 4:13).
It’s worth watching the entire message at this link, but you can view a five-minute excerpt of the talk below.