Today marks the beginning of the season of Lent, and the beginning of our six-week journey to the Cross and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. As we begin our journey together, we are asking all who are able to pray and fast during the day. We will break our fast together as Eastbrook Church with Communion on Wednesday night at the Journey to the Cross service from 7-8 pm in the Worship Hall.
Fasting is one way of telling God that we want Him alone and we are willing to abstain from things we love and/or need (food in this case). Through fasting, we acknowledge that we love and need God more than anything; He is our life. Let tomorrow be a time to confess and rededicate yourself to Jesus, asking Him to remove any “dirt” from your life and cleanse you with His precious blood.
Tomorrow also marks the beginning of the “Crossroads” Lenten Devotional. Find ways to access the devotional below:
Read the “Crossroads” Devotional in 1 of 5 Formats:
- Online—Visit eastbrook.org/crossroadsdevotional each day for the reading, or connect with the online version through Eastbrook’s social media channels.
- Daily Email—Sign up for a special email list that will send you each day’s devotional at 4 am each morning. Sign up here.
- Mobile App—Download the Eastbrook Church mobile app and use the “Devo” tab to read each day. The devotionals will be published each morning at 4 am.
- Printed Book—A limited run of free devotional books are available at Eastbrook Church (5385 N. Green Bay Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53209).
- Digital Download—Download the PDF of the book for us with your tablet or to print out at home here.
This day is traditionally known as Ash Wednesday. For a look at what Ash Wednesday is all about, read “What is it?: Ash Wednesday and Lent?“