In response to our MissionsFest and preaching on displaced people both by me and Jenny Yang of World Relief, our mission team offered a list of next steps as our response to displaced people and the needs of the world. I’ve slightly edited it for online readership.
- SHOW HOSPITALITY. Thanksgiving is coming! Invite a refugee family/individual, or an international university student to your home to share a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Questions? Just ask. Sign up at the MissionsFest ministry booth in the Lobby this weekend or email Maritza Diaz
- READ A BOOK! We recommend Seeking Refuge: On the Shores of the Global Refugee Crisis by Stephan Bauman, Matthew Soerens, and Dr. Issam Smeir or Welcoming the Stranger by Jenny Yang and Matthew Soerens.
- GET INVOLVED by attending a Next Steps class. Have your questions answered about connecting globally and locally with the world’s refugee community. Sunday, October 29, 11 am in Fellowship Hall.
- MEET SOME NEW FRIENDS at Eastbrook’s International Language Center (ILCT). See what happens at our center and consider tutoring a refugee. Find out more at our Southside Informational Meeting on Saturday, November 18, 9-11:30 am at the ILCT (4204 S. Howell Ave., Milwaukee).
- PRAY for Eastbrook’s international workers using the prayer insert in this weekend’s bulletin.
- SUPPORT Eastbrook’s Missions Budget financially for 12 months and help fuel ministry around the world: eastbrook.org/giving