Yesterday at Brooklife I spoke from Proverbs on the topic of words in our series “The Life I Need.”
My main idea was: we need to speak the truth without deceit from our hearts.
I pulled together three different verses from Proverbs in order to get at this main idea:
- Proverbs 12:19 – “Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only for a moment.”
- Proverbs 24:26 – “An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.”
- Proverbs 4:23 – “Above all guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.”
Three questions that I urged everyone to consider were:
- Am I being honest with God about every area in my life or am I trying to hide things from Him?
- Am I being honest with myself about every area in my life or am I in denial about secret sin?
- Am I unwaveringly honest and straightforward with my words in every situation, relationship, and endeavor regardless of the hurt or benefit to me?
- Am I diligently guarding what comes into my heart, so that what comes out is truly and honestly good?
We used a video called “Honesty” from Visual Reality as an intro to the message.
You can view the presentation that accompanies the message here: