This week at Eastbrook Church, we are continuing our series “Go Global” with a look at a theme that runs through the Bible from Genesis to Revelation. That theme is this: “we have been blessed by God in order to be a blessing to others.” This is really not an original concept from me, but is something very important for us to grasp about the nature of God and what it means to be His people.
My message outline is below.
Abraham (Genesis 12:1-3)
- Receiving: God’s blessing to become a nation
- Giving: All nations blessed through his descendants (‘seed’)
David (1 Chronicles 16:8, 24, 28, 31; Psalm 67:1-2)
- Receiving: God’s blessing for kingship and new royal city
- Giving: A place for the nations in the new kingdom
Jesus and the Early Church (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 3:25; Galatians 3:8)
- Receiving: God’s greatest blessing in the Messiah and salvation
- Giving: Not just for Jews, but for all the nations (‘Gentiles’)
The End of All Things (Revelation 7:4-17; 22:1-5)
- Receiving: God’s blessing to all nations and families of earth
- Giving: “the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations” (Rev 22:2)
Making It Real
- How have you been blessed by God?
- How will you be God’s conduit of blessing to others?