This weekend at Eastbrook Church, we continued our “Revealed” series by looking at the letter to the church in Smyrna (Revelation 2:8-11). My main point in this message, “Persevering in Smyrna,” is that because Jesus has won the victory over death, believers can persevere through suffering and persecution with victorious hope.
The message outline is included below.
- The First and the Last
- Died and returned to life again
- ‘I know…’
Suffering in the Life of Faith (Revelation 2:9-10)
- The present reality of suffering (Revelation 2:9)
- The future possibility of suffering (Revelation 2:10)
- What is worth suffering for?
The Promise of Perseverance (Revelation 2:11)
- Listening to the voice of truth
- Faithfulness as victory
- Endurance unto eternity