In the last week of June I had the opportunity to speak at Family Camp 2 for Fort Wilderness in McNaughton, Wisconsin. If you’re not familiar with Fort, you should definitely consider their amazing range of ministry opportunities throughout the year. Every Winter our Student Ministries takes a group for Winter Retreat up in this beautiful place.
Since I have been spending so much time thinking and speaking on prayer, I kept that theme for the Family Camp, speaking on “The Art of Prayer.”
Fort has posted those messages online here. The five messages I gave were:
- “Making Space for Prayer” – a look at the way that Jesus’ ordered His life around His relationship with the Father through prayer
- “Jesus on How We Should Pray” – beginning to look at Jesus’ teaching on prayer in the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 6
- “Praying Like the Master” – specifically walking through Jesus’ teaching on what is known as the Lord’s Prayer
- “Praying in Difficulty” – learning from Jesus’ approach to pray in John 17 in the midst of stressful circumstances
- “Praying with Paul” – looking at one of Paul’s notable prayers in his letters from Philippians 1
I am so thankful for the staff team at Fort that I had the chance to work with during the week, as well as all the families that gathered for a week in the Word and in the woods together.