This past weekend at Eastbrook, we began a new series entitled “The Messiah’s Mission,” based in Matthew 8-12. It was a blessing to have Lisa Sinclair open Scripture with us from Matthew 8:1-17, exploring the healing power of Jesus in three specific healing stories: the healing of the leper, the healing of the centurion’s servant, and the healing of Peter’s mother-in-law.
You can find the message video and outline below. You can also view the entire series here, as well as the devotional that accompanies the series here. Join us for weekend worship in-person or remotely via Eastbrook at Home.
And He healed all who were ill in order that what was spoken through Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, saying, “He Himself took our infirmities, and carried away our diseases.” (Matthew 8:16b-17)
Introduction: Half-truths distort our understanding of God’s character
3 stories of healing:
- Jesus and the leper
- Jesus and the centurion
- Jesus and Peter’s mother-in-law (and everybody else)
- Keep asking: He’s moved with compassion
- Keep praying for others: He is not limited
- Keep trusting: He sees and knows you
- Keep waiting: He promises final healing
This week dig deeper into your experience of Jesus the healer in one or more of the following ways:
- “Practice makes perfect.” Pray for healing in your group for each other, for our city, and for our world.
- Take this opportunity to memorize Isaiah 53.