This week at Eastbrook Church we kicked off a new series entitled “Living Church” and at the same time made a big push for people to take the next step with God and His people here at Eastbrook. My message was entitled “Start Here” and was drawn from Ephesians 4:11-16.
My message outline is below.
The Goal of the Church: Maturity in Christ
- “so that the body of Christ may be built up” (4:12)
- “until we…become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ” (4:13)
- “we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of Him who is ht head, that is, Christ” (4:15)
The Means of Maturity: Growth through Christ’s Gifts
- “So Christ Himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip His people” (4:11-12)
The Method of Maturity: Every part doing its work through Christ
- “From Him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work” (4:16)
The Manner of Maturity: Truth and Love
- “We will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth” (4:14)
- “Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow” (4:15)