- As we bring this series on spiritual growth to a close, we are talking about barriers to spiritual growth. When is a time that you have felt you stalled in your spiritual growth? What do you think contributed most to that experience?
- This week we will look at a variety of Scripture passages as part of our examination of spiritual growth. Each ‘barrier’ to growth is accompanied by a related Scripture. Take some time to read the Scripture and then discuss the significance of each barrier
- What barrier are you most strongly facing right now? How is this hard for you? How are you growing through or breaking through that barrier?
- Two weeks ago, we looked at Psalm 1 and the image of a tree planted by streams of water. Read Psalm 1 aloud and then talk with God, whether on your own or with your group, about how you want to grow through specific barriers into a vibrant life with God like that tree. If you are in a group, you may want to take extended time to pray for and with one another.
- Name one specific way that you would like to grow spiritually in this coming year. If you are in a small group, discuss this with one another. If you are on your own, write it down, reflect on it, and put it into practice this week.
Next week we will begin a new series called “Pave the Way” related to how we live as the church with others. You may want to read Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:1-8, 1 Corinthians 12 and Hebrews 13:1-2 ahead of time as we prepare for this new series.