This weekend at Eastbrook Church, I kicked off a new series entitled “Thankful.” While there are a lot of things we may be thankful for, I wanted to set the tone for deeper thankfulness by looking at the character and activity of God.
The message was based out of Psalm 107, which begins with those memorable words: “Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever.” My main point for this message was that thankfulness begins in our hearts and our hearts are filled with thankfulness when we draw our attention to God.
“Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever.” (Psalm 107:1)
- The unchanging character of God (Psalm 107:1-2)
- The capable deliverance of God (Psalm 107:3-32)
- In wandering through waste places (107:4-9)
- In the prison of darkness (107:10-16)
- In sin’s distress (107:17-22)
- In human limitations (107:23-32)
- The abundant provision of God (Psalm 107:33-42)
- Responding from the Heart:
- Heed and ponder (107:43)
- Tell Your Story (107:2)
- Give thanks (107:1)