Each week I develop discussion or reflection questions to accompany my messages at Eastbrook Church. This past weekend I preached a message entitled “His” from our new series “Real Rich.” Here they are!
1. What do you think it means to be rich?
2. As we begin this new series, “Real Rich,” we want to get our overall perspective on our finances and resources in order. Before you begin your study, ask God to speak to you through the Scripture.
3. Take a look at the following Scripture passages and identify what the main idea is of each one of them:
4. If God owns everything, then everything we have is His. What would you say this means for the way you approach your finances?
5. What is one thing you learned from this study? If you are alone, write it down somewhere so you can think about it further this week. If you are with a small group, take some time to discuss these things with one another. Close in prayer.
[Next week: We will continue our series, “Real Rich,” with a look at what our role is as stewards of what God has given us. Prepare ahead of time by reading the following Scripture passages: Genesis 1:28-31; Proverbs 3:9; Malachi 3:8-10.]