This weekend at Eastbrook Church we explored these questions in the first week of our series, “Faith Life.” This series is a journey around themes of faith from the life of Abraham. This week, we began by looking at the very beginnings of Abraham’s story in Genesis 11:27-32, as well as the pivotal calling of God he receives in Genesis 12:1-9.
The outline and video file for the message are below. You can listen to the message via our audio podcast here. You can access the entire series of messages from the “Faith Life” series here. You can also visit Eastbrook Church on Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Backstory of Faith (Genesis 11:1-9, 27-32)
- The human story: Babel (Genesis 11:1-9)
- The family story: Terah (Genesis 11:27-32)
The Voice that Births Faith (Genesis 12:1-3)
- A calling to go
- The decisive pronoun
- Sevenfold blessing
- Threefold implications: the land, the name, the nations
The Shape of Faith (Genesis 12:4-9)
- The decision: hearing & acting
- The way: journey & lifestyle
- The orientation: differentiation & worship