This weekend at Eastbrook Church I continued our series “Free,” in which we are walking through the book of Galatians, by looking at the real gospel that Paul outlines in Galatians 2:1-21. In my message, I contrasted the real gospel with the pale imitations of legalism and libertinism. I referenced fasting as a helpful spiritual practice, and you can read more about fasting here.
You can view a video of the message and the accompanying outline below. You can listen to the message via our audio podcast here. Mark Lynch did a great job starting off the series last week, so if you haven’t viewed his message, I’d encourage you to take a look here.You will be able to view all the messages from the “Free” series here as the series unfolds. Comment on the series on social media using the #ebcfree hashtag.
Two Stories about the Gospel (Galatians 2:1-14)
- Paul, Peter and the Story of Gospel Unity (2:1-10)
- Paul, Peter and the Story of Gospel Disunity (2:11-14)
What is the Real Gospel? (Galatians 2:15-21)
- The gospel message and legalism (2:15-16)
- The gospel message and libertinism (2:17-18)
- The real gospel message (2:19-21)