This past weekend at Eastbrook I continued our series, “Jesus at the Center,” by looking at Colossians 1:24-2:5. A key concept in this passage is the ‘mystery’ of God found in Christ. It may not be what you expected. So, we have to ask ourselves: are we ready for this secret?
You can watch the message here, and follow along with the outline below (although I sort of left it behind this weekend). You can also follow the entire series at our web-site, through the Eastbrook app, or through our audio podcast.
The Secret worth Suffering For (1:24-25)
- Paul the suffering apostle
- Filling in what’s lacking in Christ’s afflictions
The Secret of God’s Glory in Christ (Colossians 1:26-27)
- Hidden for generations and ages
- What’s the big deal about Gentiles?
- The hope of glory
The Secret of Wholeness in Christ (Colossians 1:28-29)
- Presentable before God
- Fully Mature
The Secret of Unity in Christ (Colossians 2:1-5)
- Hearts and minds bound together
- The undiminished treasures of God’s wisdom in Christ