This weekend at Eastbrook Church I continued our “Living Church” series with a message entitled “Living in the Holy Spirit.” If we are going to be a church that is alive – a church living out our calling as the people of God – then we must come alive through the Holy Spirit.
There are three kinds of Christians out there. Christ’s Spirit is present in everybody who’s born again. Christ’s Spirit is prominent in some people. And Christ’s Spirit is preeminent in, alas, only a few.
The message outline is below and is revised from what was in the bulletin this week.
Waiting for the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:1-14)
The Holy Spirit Is Like… (Acts 2:1-4, 17)
- Like Wind – beyond our control and powerful
- Like Fire – consuming and invigorating
- Like Water – life giving and transforming
The Holy Spirit and the Church
- The Holy Spirit births the church
- The Holy Spirit indwells the church
- The Holy Spirit leads the church
- The Holy Spirit equips the church