This weekend at Eastbrook Church, I preached a message entitled “Miracle Worker” from Mark 4:35-5:43. This was a continuation of our series, “The Real Jesus,” through the first half of the Gospel of Mark. My main question was this: if Jesus is a miracle worker with power of the natural world, spiritual world, physical healing, and death, then how will we respond to Him?
You can listen to the message at the Eastbrook web-site here.
The outline for the message is included below:
Four Aspects of Jesus’ Power and Authority
- Power and authority over the natural world (Mark 4:35-41)
- Power and authority over the spiritual world (Mark 5:1-20)
- Power and authority over sickness (Mark 5:21-34)
- Power and authority over death (Mark 5:21-24, 35-43)
Four Responses to Jesus’ Power and Authority
- Ignore Jesus: Through avoidance or derision (Mark 5:17, 40)
- Wait for Jesus: Within storms and delays (Mark 4:37-38; 5:35)
- Seek the Touch of Jesus: From demons, sickness, even death (Mark 5:23, 27-28)
- Worship Jesus: Appropriate awe and pursuit (Mark 4:41)
The Bottom Line of Our Response to Jesus
A one word answer: trust