This weekend, I began a new series, “King Coming,” as we continue our journey through the Gospel of Mark at Eastbrook Church. My message was entitled, “Who Do You Say I Am?,” and focused on Mark 8:27-30.
The main thing I was getting at was how there are some questions that can define our lives.
The outline for the message, which I actually didn’t end up using strictly for the message on Sunday, is included below:
Questions: Following Unresolved Thoughts
- The people’s questions (Mark 1:27; 6:2)
- The religious leaders’ questions (Mark 2:16, 18, 24)
- The disciples’ questions (Mark 4:41)
Expectations: What are we looking for?
- Jewish expectations of the Messiah
- Expectations throughout Mark’s Gospel
- Historical views of Jesus
Secrets: Don’t misunderstand what’s going on
- Jesus’ secrecy
- Jesus’ timing
- Jesus’ focus