This weekend at Eastbrook Church I explored these questions as we looked at two ‘epic fail’ moments in Abraham’s life. This was the second part of our “Faith Life” series, which is a journey around themes of faith from the life of Abraham. The main theme of the message was that God is faithful even when we are failures. The texts we looked at are the parallels in Genesis 12:10-20 and 20:1-18.
The outline and video file for the message are below. You can listen to the message via our audio podcast here. You can access the entire series of messages from the “Faith Life” series here. You can also visit Eastbrook Church on Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- When circumstances diminish faith (12:10; 20:1)
- When fear overtakes faith (12:11-13; 20:11-13)
- When compromise threatens others
- Sarah (12:15-16; 20:2)
- Pharaoh in Egypt (12:17)
- Abimelek in Gerar (20:3, 9-10)
- The justice of God to uphold right (12:17; 20:3)
- The grace of God in the face of human failure (12:16, 20; 20:14-18)
- The providence of God in His promises (12:1-3)