Throughout our new series “The Final Word: Knowing Christ through Hebrews,” I am writing prayers related to the text on which we are preaching each week. This prayer is drawn from Hebrews 9:1-28. The complete list of prayers inspired by Hebrews is included at the bottom of this post. You can also view the message by Pastor Femi Ibitoye from this passage “Deep Worship,” here.
Father, we praise You for Your matchless glory.
You are beyond us veiled in holiness,
yet You revealed Yourself in Jesus the Son,
who is the exact representation of Your being.
Jesus Christ, we thank You for offering Yourself to God
as the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world,
presented through the eternal Spirit for eternal redemption.
You have become the Mediator of the New Covenant with God.
Jesus Christ, we know that Your blood is incomparable
to the blood of bulls and goats offered in the earthly tabernacle.
Thank You for entering into the heavenly tabernacle
to offer true and lasting cleaning and forgiveness.
We offer our lives as our humble gift in response to Your great gift.
May our bodies be as living sacrifices to You, merciful God,
our spiritual act of worship given back to You each day
as we grow from glory to glory until we see You face to face.
All this we pray, through Jesus Christ,
Our High Priest and Perfect Sacrifice,
to whom, with You and the Holy Spirit
be all honor and glory, now and forever.
Prayers from Hebrews:
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 1:1-4
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 1:5-14
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 2
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 3:1-6
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 3:7-19
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 4:1-13
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 4:14-5:10
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 5:11-6:12
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 6:13-20
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 7:1-25
- A Prayer inspired by Hebrews 7:26-8:13