We continued our journey through the first half of the Gospel of Mark in our “Real Jesus” series this weekend at Eastbrook. I brought a message on Jesus as the teacher from Mark 4:1-34. What I was trying to present is that Jesus is a powerful teacher about all of life and that we would do well to attend to His words.
You can listen to the message at the Eastbrook web-site here.
The outline for the message is included below:
Jesus the Master Teacher
- Religion as a separate realm and the whole truth
- Taking Jesus seriously as a teacher of truth
- Entering of the way of the learner
Learning to Tell New Stories
- The stories we live by
- The stories of the kingdom of God
Learning to Listen with New Ears
- Ears that do not hear
- Ears that have discernment
Learning to Ask Questions
- Being ‘out’ or ‘in’
- Asking for explanations