This weekend, I concluded our series on the first half of the Gospel of Mark, “The Real Jesus,” at Eastbrook Church. My message was entitled, “Provider,” and brought together two miraculous feeding stories in Mark 6:30-44 and 8:1-13.
While these stories do speak of God’s miraculous provision for us as people, I wanted us to see how they reveal more about who Jesus is as the ultimate provider – and provision – Himself.
The outline for the message is included below:
- A different perspective on people: compassion
- A different perspective on human resources: what you have
- A different source for provision: divine power
Echoes of Moses and the Prophet
- The wilderness (Exodus 5:1-3)
- Hungry crowds of people (Exodus 16:2-3)
- The miraculous provision (Exodus 16:4-18)
- The Prophet who will come (Deuteronomy 18:14-22)
God’s Provision for All People