This past weekend at Eastbrook Church, I dug into these very questions as I talked about “Resurrection Matters” from 1 Corinthians 15:12-19. This was the second weekend of a series entitled “Resurrection Hope” that we began last weekend as we celebrated the grace found in the resurrection.
The outline and video file for the message is below. You can view the message online here or listen to it via our audio podcast here. You can now access all the messages from the “Chiseled” series here. You can also visit Eastbrook Church on Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
7 Reasons Why the Resurrection Matters – “If there is no resurrection of the dead, then…”
- Jesus Christ did not rise (vv 13, 16)
- The message of the gospel is useless (v 14a)
- Our faith is useless and futile (vv 14b, 17)
- The apostles are liars about God (v 15)
- We are still in our sins (v 17)
- Those who have already died in Jesus Christ are lost (v 18)
- Christians should be pitied more than anyone else (v 19)
Turning the Negatives into Positive Statements