I addressed just this sort of question in my message this past weekend, “Resurrection Bodies,” at Eastbrook Church. This was the fourth part in our series entitled “Resurrection Hope” that draws from Paul’s words on the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15.
The outline and video file for the message is below. You can view the message online here or listen to it via our audio podcast here. You can now access all the messages from the “Chiseled” series here. You can also visit Eastbrook Church on Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Resurrection Bodies: Look at Seed Plants (1 Corinthians 15:36-38)
- Seed sown produces a different plant
- Our earthy bodies are like seeds
Resurrection Bodies: Look at the Glory of Diverse Materials (1 Corinthians 15:39-41)
- There is a diverse, glorious splendor in the diverse materials of creation
- Our earthy bodies are one type of material
Resurrection Bodies: Look at the Difference between Adam and Messiah Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:44b-49)
- The natural, soulful life of Adam that comes first
- The spiritual, heaven-rich life of Jesus that comes at completion
A Simple Summary of Resurrection Life (1 Corinthians 15:42-44a)
- Perishable → Imperishable
- Dishonor → Glory
- Weakness → Power
- Naturally animated body → Spiritually animated body